Go Back   Vegan Represent > Vegan Represent > Animals
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2007, 06:58 PM   #1   ID#185576
Sonja
Hey Baby

I want to talk about my companion animal.

I'm pretty sure people like to talk about their companion animals. In the past, I've held my tongue, not wanting to come across as too mushy or dorky or whatever. Then Love died and I went soft.

*in the writing style of a third grader*

I miss my dog a lot. I've blabbed about him all over this board, and I've felt annoying every time. It hurts me that he's rather old and people don't often tell me he's cute anymore. Why do I care? ...'cause I know how fabulously great and brilliant he still is. And damn, I find him cute. This isn't objectification. This is gushy affection.

Since Love's passing, I worry with every phone call from Mom that something's happened to C.D... or to Mom... or to my great-grandma or my cousin who is having seizures like Love did.

This is C.D. with his ears up (he has lots of ear positions).

Sometimes his initials stand for Colly's Dog (Colly=Sonja). Others, Charles Darwin. I've known him for over 12 years and I him so much. *sigh*

For the first time ever, we live in separate states. Oh gosh.

Okay. Love's passing has turned me into a big dog-crazed mushball. I want to rescue another shelter mutt. Now... I research canine nutrition and sweatshop-free pet supplies. I've had dog rescue dreams the last two nights. I'm a big ol' nerd.

To keep dorks like me offa myspace, we have dogster and catster. Go make profiles. I want to see them. Can we please gush about companion animals in this thread? Can we admit to having watched "Animal Cops" habitually? I don't even have a TV! Who wants my advice on pet supplies? I'm in research mode.

Also, this thread.

Love,