Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.82 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: mountainvegan
Forum: Health and Body 10-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Replies: 12
Views: 123
Posted By mountainvegan
A vitamin B bomber (loads of all the Bs (1, 6,...

A vitamin B bomber (loads of all the Bs (1, 6, 12)) along with that vitamin C will help a hangover, but it’s probably best to take it before you go to bed with your buzz/drunk on so it has time...
Forum: Vegan Heroes 10-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 237
Posted By mountainvegan
Lee Hall’s Capers in the Churchyard is all...

Lee Hall’s Capers in the Churchyard is all the rage now in AR, and from what I’ve heard and read about it, for very good reason. I’ll be reading it in the next two weeks. I...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Replies: 28
Views: 327
Posted By mountainvegan
I am uncertain about your uncertainty, which...

I am uncertain about your uncertainty, which reminds me of the uncertainty principle...um...never mind.
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Well, what made me say “makes my head spin”...

Well, what made me say “makes my head spin” instead of “baffles me” was the talk about spinning in the previous posts. In that way it was a pun, but I didn’t mean for anyone to split their gut...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Pun intended. :)

Pun intended. :)
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 05:30 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Quantum mechanics (especially the idea of...

Quantum mechanics (especially the idea of entangled particles) makes my head spin and calls into question my cherished beliefs about reality without giving satisfactory alternative beliefs;...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Replies: 33
Views: 390
Posted By mountainvegan
Thanks for proving my point on your thoughtful...

Thanks for proving my point on your thoughtful and intelligent posts, nauthiz.

I’ll stop publicly scolding the mods (which is also inappropriate) and we’ll all call it even and get over it.
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
If I’m not mistaken, one of the primary...

If I’m not mistaken, one of the primary purposes of this board is to provide vegans with a refuge from the daily grind of dealing with omnivores and their ignorance IRL. As such, I don’t...
Forum: Health and Body 10-11-2006, 02:26 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 109
Posted By mountainvegan
If it persists, he might want to see a doctor. ...

If it persists, he might want to see a doctor. It could be anything - temporary flu bug, allergies, withdrawal, or something more serious. I would be skeptical of a doctor’s advice on a...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Posted By mountainvegan
Well, I guess I’m not beyond challenging someone...

Well, I guess I’m not beyond challenging someone who implies that a vegan diet has not been proven sufficient and who doesn’t seem to think compassion has much to do with moral behavior. What s/he...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Posted By mountainvegan
I would say to anyone with less than 50 or even...

I would say to anyone with less than 50 or even 100 posts, however, that they are better off avoiding a confrontational attitude until settling in a little and showing some initial friendliness. ...
Forum: Chico, Ca 10-11-2006, 10:08 AM
Replies: 139
Views: 1,538
Posted By mountainvegan
Way to go, quagga! :yes: :thumbsup: It sounds...

Way to go, quagga! :yes: :thumbsup:

It sounds like they (especially the store manager) have a lot of nerve and arrogance in their communication with and requests of you. I might hang around a...
Forum: Philosophy 10-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Posted By mountainvegan
Yep, this whole thing about compassion came up in...

Yep, this whole thing about compassion came up in response to your stated opinion that the compassion argument is a weak one.

As far as why anyone would behave morally in *any* situation, I think...
Forum: Philosophy 10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
It sounds like something Schop might say, but I...

It sounds like something Schop might say, but I didn’t bring him up as an example of a personal embodiment of his philosophy, which he was very far from being, but as an example of a good...
Forum: Philosophy 10-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
I think Arthur Schopenhauer makes an excellent...

I think Arthur Schopenhauer makes an excellent case for compassion as the basis of all morality from the standpoint of psychology and personal motivation. Psychology and personal motivation are only...
Forum: Hamsters 10-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Replies: 6
Views: 92
Posted By mountainvegan
I been hamsterin' but just not...

I been hamsterin' but just not postin'.

Alternating running and lifting, as usual. It's been a while since I've been up on the peaks, mostly due to bad timing. When I've had time, the weather's...
Forum: Chico, Ca 10-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Yeah, it might be best to give it a rest now and...

Yeah, it might be best to give it a rest now and have the meat-Nazis let their guard down. During the spring or summer, perhaps do a major education campaign on the cruelty of meat with the co-op at...
Forum: Chico, Ca 10-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Sounds like there's no hope for changing it back....

Sounds like there's no hope for changing it back. The only thing left to do is educate. :umm:
Forum: Animals 10-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Replies: 126
Views: 1,444
Posted By mountainvegan
Yeah, our vet was surprised at first (we...

Yeah, our vet was surprised at first (we didn’t ask for her opinion) and took a wait and see approach, but now comments regularly on how healthy they are, especially for their age - one...
Forum: Chico, Ca 10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
It might be worth asking them why the co-op...

It might be worth asking them why the co-op didn’t serve meat in the first place. Has anyone looked at the legal documents (by-laws and any other rules and regulations)? If you could find a...
Forum: Chico, Ca 10-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
I think the best thing to do is write a letter...

I think the best thing to do is write a letter spelling out the cruelty inherent in all the “happy” labels (free-range, cage-free, organic), such as chickens being de-beaked, male chicks...
Forum: Animals 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Replies: 126
Views: 1,444
Posted By mountainvegan
Our dogs have thrived on a vegan diet now for...

Our dogs have thrived on a vegan diet now for over 3 years. If we had cats, I’d certainly try a vegan diet, and based on what I’ve read here, probably keep them on it their whole lives. ...
Forum: Philosophy 09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 132
Posted By mountainvegan
In other words, the moral philosophers...

In other words, the moral philosophers (rationalist-leaning) are correct about moral rightness or goodness, but “idealistic” in real-world application; while the moral psychologists...
Forum: Philosophy 09-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
I agree. Going back to moral psychology and...

I agree. Going back to moral psychology and nature and nurture, just like intelligence, some people have a much greater innate (natural) capacity for compassion and ethical behavior and/or their...
Forum: Philosophy 09-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Posted By mountainvegan
Heh, that’s why I think Buddhism is a great...

Heh, that’s why I think Buddhism is a great psychology (in fact, the best) for peace of mind, but not the best philosophy.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500